Frequently Asked Questions
- Our check-in office (yellow building) is at 205 Elizabeth Street, Unit I, which is Lazy Way Lane between William Street and Elizabeth Street on the Harbor Walk. We are between The Schooner Wharf Bar and the Conch Republic Seafood Company.
- There is no parking at our office but you may unload passengers in front of our office and proceed to the lot on Greene Street. The most convenient city parking lot is at Margaret and Caroline Street with pay machines located in the center of the lot. Also, there are parking spots on Caroline or Elizabeth Streets with pay machines. Our check-in office (yellow building) is at 205 Elizabeth Street, Unit I, which is Lazy Way Lane between William Street and Elizabeth Street on the Harbor Walk. We are between The Schooner Wharf Bar and the Conch Republic Seafood Company.
- The Florida Keys and the living reef are full of wildlife and it is common to see fish and marine animals, however that can’t be guaranteed. In addition, there are many beautiful birds such as bald eagles, frigates, herons and ospreys that call the Florida Keys home. Our eco tours are a great way to learn about the Florida Keys ecosystem and the best chance to see a variety of fish and birds all in one trip.
- We try to use the ship described in each tour but there are times where a similar Sebago Watersports ship may be substituted. For instance, Sebago Cubed catamaran may be used instead of Marquesa catamaran or Appledore Star schooner may be used instead of Appledore II schooner.
- Sebago wants everyone to have a fun and safe day on the water. All guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Please bring a valid, government issued photo ID. Some activities and the consumption of alcoholic beverages require that we verify your age.
- You will not be able to participate in any jet ski activities without a photo ID, regardless of your age. You must be at least 16 years of age or older to operate jet skis on your own. Children under the age of 16 can ride as a passenger on a jet ski driven by a licensed driver. Jet skis are located in the water about 30 feet from the floating barge. You must be able to swim from the floating barge to the jet skis. Buoyancy vests and floatation noodles are available if you are not comfortable in the water. By Florida law, anyone born on or after January 1st 1988, must bring a valid photo ID and pass a Temporary Safe Boating Test for a $3 fee in order to operate the jet skis. If you are required to take the test, please notify us at check-in or complete the exam prior to arrival at https://keywestsebago.com/exam. Please arrive an hour before departure to take the test. The test consists of 25 questions. Study guides will be provided before the tour.
- Children must be 6 years or older. No one under the age of 6 is permitted to ride in the parasail boat. Parasailing is subject to weight limits (a minimum combined of 150 pounds and a maximum combined of 450 pounds), weather conditions, and the captain’s discretion for safety.
- Sebago is safety conscious and enforces the following rules on passengers drinking alcohol on the tours: On snorkel trips, you must be finished snorkeling before enjoying any alcoholic beverages. For passengers not snorkeling, the bar opens once the ship arrives at the reef. On the Power Adventure, you must be finished snorkeling and riding on jet skis before drinking alcohol.
- Sebago Watersports Cancellation Policy
If your tour is cancelled due to the Captain’s discretion and/or weather then you will receive a full refund or option to re-book your tour on another date based on availability.
Guests cancelling their tour reservations 24 hours or more prior to departure are eligible to receive a full refund or can elect to re-book the tour on another date based on availability.
Guests cancelling their tour reservations less than 24 hours before departure are not eligible for a refund and will forfeit 100% of their payment.
- We do not have lockers or storage facilities in our office. Parties are welcome to bring a beach bag or backpack with personal belongings on our boats. However, if you have large luggage or suitcases these would be best stored at your hotel or vehicle.
- Yes, all tours can be booked online. Please note that we require a minimum of 1 hour in advance to book tours online. Or you can contact our office directly to ask about short-term bookings.
- If you are a vegetarian, let us know in advance of the tour and we will include vegetarian options for you. If you are lactose intolerant, have a gluten, nut or any other food allergy, we recommend bringing you own food for the day as we cannot accommodate you.
- No, your tour is all-inclusive. Each tour is different, look at your tour description to see what is included in yours. Food is served buffet style – so come hungry! Drinks again differ by tour, look to see what is included with yours.
- No, we provide you with all you need, including sanitized snorkel, mask, fins and buoyancy compensator vest. If you already own snorkel equipment, you are welcome to bring it along and use it on the tour.
- It is easier to wear your suit to the tour. There aren’t any changing facilities at our office. However If you do need to change after boarding, there is a very small changing area in the head.
- Yes, each of Sebago Watersports ships is equipped to maximize your comfort with heads (that’s nautical for bathroom). In addition, each of the catamarans, Marquesa, Sebago Cubed, Sebago Flyer, and Teralani, have a fresh water rinse.
- While there are no bathrooms at our office, there are public bathrooms conveniently located nearby at the marina. Out of our office, turn right and continue past Schooner Wharf. The bathrooms are on the right, before you reach the Boat House.
- For daytime sails, bring along your towel, sunscreen, hat, sunglasses, bathing suit, and camera. If your tour includes use of waverunners bring along a valid I.D.
For sunset sails, bring along your hat, sunglasses and camera.
If you want to drink alcoholic beverages on your tour, remember your photo I.D. to show you are at least 21 years old.
Cash tips are always appreciated by our awesome captain and crew!
- It is customary to tip your crew and always appreciated. Similar to a restaurant, a 15-20% tip is appropriate.